You can create a booking engine that requires a booking code to allow bookings. This can be useful when accepting room bookings for a wedding or similar. You can choose to sell only certain room types to this booking engine.
- Go to Settings -> Booking form -> Manage booking forms and click “Add new booking form”.
- Enable the setting called “Booking code is required”.
- Go to Settings -> Price changes -> Promotion & discount codes -> “Create new code”.
- Create a code used to unlock the booking form.
This feature is not to be confused with the booking code that can be used to unlock a restricted period. (See related support article “Using Booking Code to Unlock a Restricted Period”.)
The advantages with this feature is that it:
- allows you to select which room types are to be sold and hence unlocked when activating the booking code to this booking engine.
- immediately prompts the guests to enter a valid booking code before displaying the option to choose check-in/check-out dates.