With a connection to Citybreak, Sirvoy will automatically keep your availability updated and retrieve your bookings from Citybreak. This connection requires Sirvoy Pro, and that you already have an agreement with Citybreak.
- Neither STF or Citybreak can assist you with setting this up. If you run into problems please contact us at email@example.com.
- Deactivate Citybreak from Myallocator! If you previously used Myallocator for your Citybreak connection, you must first go to Myallocator and deactivate Citybreak . After this, you can request a connection to Sirvoy by following the above mentioned steps.
Follow these steps to activate the connection:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your wish to connect to Citybreak together with your Citybreak name and of one your Citybreak usernames. We will contact Citybreak and enable a connection. There might be settings you need to adjust on Citybreak in order for the connection to be established. See “IMPORTANT” below.
- Please verify that all room types have the correct restrictions set as expected, since the rooms will become bookable immediately after the connection is activated. (The only restriction compatible with Citybreak under “Restrictions for check-in, check-out and/or stays” is the one called “Stays not allowed”. The restriction “Bookable days” is not compatible with Citybreak.)
- When receiving confirmation from us that the connection has been enabled, go to Settings > Channels > Citybreak > Edit to map the Citybreak room types to their equivalents in Sirvoy. This article gives valuable help on mapping – How to Map Room Types Between Sirvoy and Channels. If there are settings that need to be adjusted in Citybreak before mapping, you will see a message indicating what needs to be done before mapping of that particular room type is possible. Citybreak subproducts are extra services (such as ‘breakfast’) and cannot be mapped to Sirvoy. However, when booked they will appear in the booking and their price will be added to the booking value.
- If you sell packages on Citybreak and thus have created several rate codes on Citybreak, these will appear in Sirvoy and can be mapped. However, only room type duplicates of the Sirvoy “standard rate” room type can be mapped to these additional rate codes. More information on how to create room type duplicates can be found in this article – Creating a Room Type Duplicate.
- Save the mapping.
- From the point you’ve saved the mapping, your connection to Citybreak is active. Sirvoy now directs the prices and inventory displayed at Citybreak.
IMPORTANT – To enable mapping and ensure that the connection will work correctly, please make sure you have first completed the following settings in Citybreak:
- Create a product (room type) in Citybreak
- Add the product and the rate to at least one rate period
- Add the product and number of its units to the defined availability period
- Only use Price per unit! Make sure that the price model in Citybreak is “price per unit”; it’s the only price configuration that will enable us to send price updates to Citybreak. Adjust the corresponding room type price model in Sirvoy to “fixed price – independent of number of persons”. More information on how to create room type duplicates can be found in this article – Creating a Room Type Duplicate. If the Sirvoy room type used for the connection is set to “flexible price – depends on number of persons”, the price set for the maximum number of guests will be the one that is sent to Citybreak.
Please note: If “price per person” price model is selected in Citybreak, price updates are not sent from Sirvoy. The prices can be controlled via Citybreak only.
- Only use one Availability period! You should only have one availability period set up and have all products connected to this. To do this, choose a start date up to 2 years from the current date, and a future end date of your availability period, up to 5 years from the start date (using “yyyy-mm-dd” format). For example: “from 2019-12-01 to 2024-11-30”. In the Citybreak availability period settings, be sure to select the products that should be sold and also set the number of units for each product. Each product must also have at least one assigned rate period.
If you should experience problems with the availability not being correctly displayed, please see this article – Problems with Availability on Citybreak.
Note: Even though the availability is synced between Sirvoy and the channels almost instantaneously, there is always a small risk of double bookings when the same physical room is made available on multiple booking channels simultaneously. For example, the last room could in the same instant be booked both through your website and another booking channel. This happens very rarely, even for busy hotels. But if it does happen, depending on your agreement, the booking channel will expect you to inform them and perhaps also find a solution.